Let’s face it, being a mom is hard.
If you’re a new mom, then it can sometimes feel like there’s no rest bite, because after getting through pregnancy and all its highs and lows (think morning sickness, hormones, strange food cravings and physical discomfort), you quickly realize that the 4th trimester and newborn phase are in many ways much harder.
And if you are a mother to a toddler or older child, then things like potty training, tantrums, separation anxiety and sleep deprivation are no less difficult or intense to deal with.
If it’s any consolation, I can tell you that I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve felt stressed and overwhelmed over the past few years, and I know my other mom friends are no different.
To get through the many challenges and low points of being a mother, I’ve rounded up a list of the best overwhelmed mom quotes to help pick you up, inspire you, and keep going during the tough times.
List Of Overwhelmed Mom Quotes
- “If you find being a mom easy, you’re probably not doing it right.”
- “The very fact that you are worrying about being a good mom means that you already are one.”
- “Ever had a job with no previous experience, where it’s a matter of life and death, and where you don’t get paid? That’s called being a mom.”
- “Mothers are superheroes.”
- “You are nothing short of amazing.”
- “My mom is the only reason I’m able to do what I do.”
- “There is no job in life that is more important than being a mother.”
- “Behind every great child is a mom who’s pretty sure she’s screwing it all up.”
- “As a mom you may see me struggle, but will never see me quit.”
- “Successful moms are not the ones who have never struggled. They are the ones that never give up, despite the struggles.”
- “Moms are superheroes in disguise.”
- “Don’t beat yourself up. You’re doing the best you can.”
- “Motherhood is the greatest thing and the hardest thing.”
- “Some days I’m so tired I can’t sleep.”
- “Mom sleep. Like regular sleep, but without any sleep.”
- “Don’t compare yourself to other moms. We are all losing out shit, some women just hide it better than others.”
- “Parenting is hard. Especially when you’re doing it right.”
- “She believed she could but then her baby woke up 8 times during the night.”
- “Your kids are blessed to have you as their mommy.”
- “Good moms say bad words!”
- “Children are not a distraction from more important work, they are the most important work.”
Hopefully you found these overwhelmed mom quotes inspirational, uplifting, motivational, and even funny.
If you take one thing away from this article, it should be that moms really are amazing and superheroes!
Remember however that even a superhero needs a break from time to time, so there’s no shame in asking for a hand from your partner, friends, or close family if it enables you to take some time out to recharge your batteries.
Doing so even now and again will help you return with renewed energy, and allow you to get back to being the wonderful mother that I know you are.