Growing another human inside you is a pretty amazing feat.
Exhausting, incredible, terrifying, rewarding, – these are just a few of the words that moms-to-be use to describe the 9 months you are currently going through.
Depending on where you are in your journey you might be looking for an amusing, inspirational or motivational baby bump quote right now, which is why we made sure this article contains the broadest selection of the best pregnancy quotes that we could find.
Let’s jump in.
Table of Contents
What Makes A Good Maternity Quote?
We have promised you a list of the very best quotes for expecting moms, but first let’s quickly answer what does does a good maternity quote actually entail?
The truth is the pregnancy or maternity quotes that you find the best are the ones that appeal directly to you, and the ones that speak to your heart.
Perhaps it’s a motivational pregnancy quote that acknowledges that motherhood isn’t easy, but the end result is more than worth it.
Or maybe it’s one that talks about the miracle of birth and motherhood, or the special bond between a mother and her son or daughter.
Or further still, what might really strike a chord is a beautiful yet short pregnancy quote.
We’ve covered all those and more, so sit back, have a scroll and see what takes your fancy.
Happy & Cute Pregnancy Quotes
Celebrate the beauty of pregnancy with these gorgeous quotes for expecting moms.
Whether it’s your first child or your fourth, here are some of the most beautiful pregnancy quotes out there.
- “You will carry your baby inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart forever.”
- “You are the closest I will ever come to magic.”
- “Words cannot express the joy of new life.”
- “A baby fills a place in your heart that you never knew was empty.”
- “Every time I feel it kick I’m reminded there’s a miracle beating in my body.”
- “You never understand love until it grows inside you.”
- “Babies are always more trouble – and much more wonderful – than you ever expected.”
- “Strap yourself in and get ready for the ride of a lifetime.”
- “And just like that, life became a whole lot sweeter.”
- “There’s nothing quite so sweet, as tiny little baby feet!”
- “A new baby is like the beginning of all things – wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.”
- “You are proof the love before first sight does indeed exist.”
- “Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.”
- “Pregnancy is the only time when you can do absolutely nothing and yet still be productive.”
- “Pregnancy is the only blind date where you know you’ll meet the love of your life.”
Inspirational Pregnancy Quotes
Being pregnant is one of the most amazing experiences a woman can go through, but that’s not to say it will always be easy, particularly if you’re going through this journey alone.
So take heart from the following inspirational and motivational quotes:
- “Pregnancy is something that teaches you patience, endurance and selflessness.”
- “Pregnancy is not just about growing a baby, but also about growing as a person and as a mother.”
- “An amazing adventure is about to begin.”
- “Birth is the epicenter of women’s power.”
- “Not every day of pregnancy is easy, but every day brings me closer to you.”
- “9 moths of waiting for a lifetime of love doesn’t seem too bad after all.”
- “She believed she could so she did.”
- “Pregnancy is a journey that tests your limits, but also rewards you with the greatest gift of all.”
- “The pain of childbirth is temporary, but the joy of holding your baby in your arms is forever.”
- “Think of giving birth not as your greatest fear, but as your greatest achievement.”
- “Nothing in life will make you as happy, as sad, as exhausted and as proud as being a mother.”
- “Children reinvent your world for you.”
- “Pregnancy is designed to prepare you for life as a mom. You start making sacrifices 9 months before your child is born, so that by the time they enter the world, you are used to giving things up for them.”
- “You never fully understand life until it grows inside you.”
- “Even miracles take a little time.”
Couple Pregnancy Quotes
Hopefully your partner is just as invested in your pregnancy as you are, and if that’s the case you might both be looking for a pregnancy quotes written with couples in mind, such these:
- “Before we had you we had each other. And now we have everything.”
- “Family is the most important thing in the world.”
- And then there were three.”
- “Family is not an important thing, it’s everything.”
- “There is no greater happiness than seeing your family grow.”
- “The butterflies he used to give me turned into tiny little feet.”
- “We made a wish and you came true.”
- “The greatest relationships are built on love, trust, teamwork and mutual respect.”
- “An unplanned baby is a gift from the heaven and angels above.”
- “Sometimes you don’t realize what is missing in your life until it arrives.”
Funny Pregnancy Quotes
So if you are searing for some amusing baby bump quotes, check out these fantastic examples:
- “I’m in love with a human I haven’t met yet!”
- “What you’re mistaking for a pregnancy slow, is actually my never-ending sweat.”
- “Being pregnant is like living with a tiny roommate who is always hungry, always thirsty, and never pays any rent.”
- “The best way to describe pregnancy is like a roller-coaster ride; one minute you’re excited and the next you’re hanging on for dear life.”
- “Welcome to pregnancy – the best excuse for always being late, forgetful, and emotional.”
- “Pregnancy is like a box of candy. You have no idea what you’re going to get – nausea, cravings, hormones or all three.”
- “One of the best things about being pregnant is you don’t have to make excuses to eat or pee.”
- “Motherhood is the only place you can experience heaven and hell at the same time.”
- “When people congratulate me I say “for what” and watch them freak out.”
- “My current fashion style? Things that still fit.”
Pregnancy has its ups and downs, there’s no denying it.
But you are amazing and stronger than you’ll ever know, so don’t ever forget that you can handle anything that comes your way.
Here’s to you proud mamma, and to everything you are about to accomplish!