Coming up with a name for your child is not easy at the best of times.
But if you are thinking of selecting a very short first name for your boy or girl, then you may be finding the process even more challenging than usual.
Sure, there are no shortage of 4 letter girl names or even 3 letter names for girls, but dropping down to 2 letters narrows your options somewhat.
That’s why we have created the lists below, to hopefully enable you to choose a two letter name for your son or daughter that you really love!
So without further ado, here are 40 gorgeous names to choose from.
Two Letter Names For Boys
Two Letter Names For Girls
Advice On Choosing A 2 Letter Name
We hope you found this list inspiring and helpful in your naming journey!
Here are a few other tips to help you on your way:
- Many parents find the naming process naturally takes some time, so do not feel discouraged if you are finding it challenging to make a decision.
- An excellent way to begin is to create a list of all the names you like.
- Once you have created a list of name you like, begin crossing off names if there are others on the list that you prefer even more (i.e. narrow down to your top two or three favorites).
- Next, say the two letter name and your child’s surname aloud to get a sense of how they sound together.
- Remember to check that the initials don’t spell anything rude!
- If you feel like you are stuck, try taking a break for a few days or even a week or two, and then come back to the process again once your mind is hopefully more fresh.
- Lastly, don’t forget that don’t necessarily have to decide on your baby’s name before they are born. If you have more than two potential names on your shortlist, you may wish to therefore wait until after your child is born, because by seeing him or her in person you may be swayed towards one name over any of the others that are still remaining on your list.