If you have decided to call your daughter Aurora then congratulations on picking such a gorgeous name!
Chances are you agonized and deliberated over many possible names before deciding, and it’s certainly time well spent.
Now your daughter’s first name is sorted, it’s definitely worth spending a little extra time to select a good middle name for Aurora too.
To give you a little inspiration, we’ve created a list of 85 of the best, coolest and most unique names that go with Aurora.
Table of Contents
Middle Names For Aurora
What Is The Meaning Of The Name Aurora?
Aurora is predominantly an English, German and French name based on the Latin aurora, which means means “dawn.”
The name appears in Roman mythology as the goddess of the dawn, and was revived through Europe during the Renaissance.
If you’re not yet a fan of Disney movies, you’ll soon discover that the princess in Sleeping Beauty is called Aurora, which might partly explain why it’s consistently one of the 20-30 most popular girls’ names in the US.
Tips For Choosing A Good Middle Name For Aurora
The name Aurora has three syllables, which means that it pairs well with both longer and shorter middle names.
Here are a few tips to help you make your naming decision:
- Take your time and don’t rush, because arriving at a good middle name can take some time.
- A great way to start is by compiling a shortlist of your favorite names the go with Aurora.
- Next, either alone or with the help of your partner, begin eliminating names based on whether there are others on the list that you both prefer (i.e. narrow down to only your absolute favorites).
- Say Aurora and the potential middle name (and perhaps your last name) out loud to get a sense for how everything sounds together.
- Quickly check the initials of the names don’t spell anything rude!
- If you’re stuck, take a break for a few days and then try again, once your mind is a little more fresh.