Your child may see a lot of toys come and go during their childhood, but there’s probably none that lasts as long or is as important as their teddy bear.
A teddy or stuffed animal can be anything from a friend or play buddy to a lovey that can help provide emotional support when dealing with stressful experiences like starting preschool or transitioning out of a crib.
And your little one’s most important childhood toy certainly needs an awesome name, which is why we’ve created a list of 100 of the best teddy bear names, from cute and funny teddy bear names, to popular and unique names for both boy and girl teddy bears.
Cute Teddy Bear Names
If you are looking for a super cute (and unisex) name for a teddy bear, take inspiration from some of these great examples of cute stuffed animal names:
- Angel Bear
- Baby Bear
- Boo Boo
- Bubba Bear
- Cuddle Bug
- Flat Teddy
- Fun Bear
- Honey Bear
- Little Bear
- Smiley Bear
- Snuggle Bear
- Snuggle Bug
- Stuffy Bear
- Sunny Bear
- Wooly Bear
Boy Teddy Bear Names
If your little one has a male / boy teddy bear or stuffed animal, here is some great naming inspiration we think you’ll love:
Girl Teddy Bear Names
If your little one has a girl stuffed animal or female teddy bear, take inspiration from some of these great names:
Funny Teddy Bear Names
Why not have a little extra fun when naming your child’s teddy by using one of these names, which can be a hit when introducing the teddy to adults and relatives!
- Blubba Bear
- Chubby Bear
- Eddy The Teddy
- Freddie The Teddy
- Fuzzy Wuzzy
- Grumpy Bear
- Sir Teddy
Famous Teddy Bear Names
From Disney movies to book characters, teddy bears have been keeping adults and children amused for years; here are some of the most famous examples from history:
- Baby Bear
- Boo Bear
- Fozzie Bear
- Lotso (Huggin)
- Paddington Bear
- Yogi Bear
How To Name A Teddy Bear or Stuffed Animal (Top Tips)
- Keep It Simple: Remember this is your child’s toy not yours, so you definitely want to make sure your child’s teddy has a name that’s easy to remember and pronounce!
- Don’t Force It: There may be some names that you or your partner really love, but if your child isn’t keen on these names then it’s best not to force the issue.
- Look At The Bear: Take cues from what the bear looks like when choosing its name. For example a thin teddy bear suits a name like “Flat Teddy”, whereas a name like “Chubby Bear” would work well for a bear that’s on the larger side.
- Make A Shortlist: Struggling to narrow down to just one name? Try writing the most promising names on a list and say the names out loud with your little one.
- Test Out The Name(s): Even once you’ve chosen a name it can take a few days for it to be accepted by both you and your child. So if you still can’t decide on a few names, try calling the bear by two or three names at the start and see which one sticks.
- Nicknames For Baby Boys (Cute, Sweet, Unique, Funny)
- Sweet, Cute & Unique Nicknames For Your Baby Girl
- Nicknames For Nieces (Cute, Sweet & Funny)
- Cute, Sweet & Funny Nicknames For Your Nephew
- List Of Best Uncle Nicknames (Cool, Funny & Cute)
- List Of Best Aunt Names (Cute, Funny & Crazy)
- 10 Best Disney Movies For 4 & 5 Year Olds