Being a grandpa is special, there’s no doubt about it.
But if there’s one thing out there that’s even more special and unique, then it’s undoubtedly being a great grandpa!
If you are lucky enough to have a great grandfather – the grandfather of one our your parents, which is pretty cool if you think about it – then it can be beautiful to honor that unique relationship with a beautiful, cute or funny name for the man in question.
So to go with our list of great grandmas, grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, sons, daughters, nephews, nieces, cousins, brothers, sisters, moms, dads, stepmoms and stepdads, let’s take a look at 30 awesome names for great grandpas.
The Best Nicknames & Names For A Great Grandpa
- Babba Boppy
- Big Big Boss
- Big Big Papi
- Big Big Pops
- Big Chief
- C (the Roman numeral for 100)
- C + (I,II,III,IV,V,VI,VII etc depending on their age)
- GG (Great Grandpa)
- GGF (Great Grand Father)
- Ga Ga
- Gee Pop Pop
- Grand Dad-Dadio
- Grand Old Duke
- Grand Pa Pa
- Grand Papa Bear
- Grand Paw Paw
- Grand Pop Pop
- Great Gramps
- Great Grand Daddio
- Great Grand Dude
- Great Grand Pops
- OG (Original Grandfather)
- Pa Pa Pa (pronounced Pa-Par-Par)
- Papi Pap Pap
- Pappy Pou
- Poppy Pop Pop
- The Elder
- The OG
Tips For Choosing An Awesome Name For Your Great Grandpa
Hopefully the list above has provided some help and inspiration in your search for a beautiful nickname.
Some other things to think about when choosing an alternative name for your great grandfather include:
- You might want to quickly check with the man in question the he likes the name and potentially let them rule out anything they aren’t particularly keen on.
- If you are lucky enough to have more than one great grandfather, in addition to grandfathers, it’s wise to ensure each one has a different nickname that is unique and personal to them.
- Remember there’s nothing to say the nickname has to directly link to the fact he is a great grandpa, which means that any good grandpa nickname or alternative name could also work well.
- And finally, have fun, enjoy the naming process and don’t stress too much about it!