Nicknames are lovely way to express affection, which is why we created lists of the best nicknames for baby boys, baby girls, grandmas, grandpas, great grandmas, great grandpas, cousins and even family group chats.
Now it’s time to turn to the parents, so to follow on from our list of nicknames for moms, dads and stepdads, let’s take a look at 60+ nicknames for all the amazing stepmoms, mother figures and second moms out there.
Table of Contents
Traditional Nicknames For Stepmoms & Mother Figures
Many children still like to call their stepmom or mother figure the name “mom” or “mommy”, which is of course fine if all parties are okay with it.
Some other variations or the word mom, and other words for stepmom include:
- Madre (Spanish)
- Maman (French)
Cute Nicknames For Stepmoms & Second Moms
A lot of families like to use a nickname for a second mom that is as cute and sweet as the lady himself.
So if you’re looking for a sweet or cute nickname for a motherly figure, check out these lovely examples:
- B (short for Bonus Mom)
- Big Momma
- Guardian Angel
- Mamma (followed by the initial of their first name)
- Mamma (followed by their first name)
- Momma Bear
- Mommy (followed by the initial of their first name)
- Mommy (followed by their first name)
- Moo Moo
- Super Steps
Funny Nicknames For Stepmoms & Mother Figures
Adding a bit of humor to a stepmom’s nickname can be a great way to inject a bit more personality in the name, and it can be a good way to reference their unique personality or other personal traits.
Here are some of the best examples of funny nicknames for stepmoms, mother figures and second moms.
- 1st In Command (assuming dad is number 2 of course!)
- Bonus Mom
- Boss Lady
- Faux Ma
- Goose (as in mother goose)
- Maj (short for majesty)
- Momma G
- Mommy 2
- Mommy 2.0
- Mommy Cool
- Mommy Poppins
- Mother Hen
- Old Lady
- Other Mom
- Partner In Crime
- Person In Charge
- Pop Star
- Step Mommy
- Stepmonster (as long as it’s tongue in cheek)
- Wonder Woman
What Is A Second Mom?
Have you heard the word second mom and are wondering what exactly this means?
A second mom is usually a woman who helps parent a child from another mother, and in practice this could be the girlfriend, partner, wife or friend of the child’s dad.
Second moms could also be the mother’s of your closest friends, especially if you are able to confide in them and you know they won’t judge you but rather help and guide you instead.
Typically a second mom is seen as a role model by a child, and they will take on many of the responsibilities a parent usually bears.
How To Choose The Best Nickname For A Stepmom
Remember there is no right or wrong name regarding what to call an stepmom, mother figure or second mom, and sometimes it’s best to go with what’s natural, fits well or is easy to pronounce.
Other things to consider when choosing a nickname for a stepmom include:
- Check the stepmom in question likes the nickname and consider letting them veto anything they dislike.
- Choose a name that’s appropriate for the stepmom’s personality and age.
- If your child’s biological mother is still around and present, then you’ll probably want to use a different name to the one your child calls them.
- Is applicable, consider how the biological mom will feel about the name and if it would offend them.
- Keep the nickname for your child’s second mom short, simple and easy to say.
- And finally, don’t stress too much about it, and remember that it could work best if your child decides what to call their stepmom.