In the months after you first discovered you were pregnant, you and your partner probably spent hours researching, debating and finally choosing the perfect name for your baby boy.
Now you’ve finally met your precious arrival, you may be starting to think about a lovely nickname for your son that matches their personality, appearance or has some other personal or special relevance.
Coming up with a baby nickname can sometimes be difficult, so in addition to our list of the cutest nicknames for baby girls, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, brothers and sisters, we’ve complied a list of 100 of the cutest, sweetest and funniest nicknames for your baby boy.
Cute & Sweet Nicknames For Baby Boys
Are you looking for a nickname or pet name that is as cute or sweet as your precious little boy?
Check out some of these ridiculously cute and sweet nicknames of boys:
- Baby Boy
- Big Guy
- Bunny Bear
- Cuddle Bunny
- Honey Bear
- Honey Bunch
- Honey Bun
- Little (or Lil) Dude
- Little (or Lil) Man
- Sweet Boy
- Sweet Pea
- Sweetie Pie
Spanish Nicknames For Baby Boys
If you’d like to honour you or your partner’s Spanish, Latin or South American heritage then you may be interested in using one of the Spanish nicknames for baby boys below.
Some sound so good you might even use them even if you don’t have any Spanish links, which of course is absolutely fine to do!
- Abejito (Little Bee)
- Anjelito (Little Angel)
- Bambino (Baby)
- Bebé (Baby)
- Caramela (Sweetie)
- Changuito (Little Monkey)
- Chiquito (Little Boy)
- Chulo (Cutie)
- Conejito (Little Bunny)
- Mi Amor (My Love)
- Mi Rey (My Sun)
- Pastelito (Muffin)
Unique Nicknames For Baby Boys
Sometimes it’s nice to go with the not-so-obvious.
So if you’re looking for a pet name for your baby boy that is a bit more unique, you might be interested in these names:
- Bam Bam
- Beau (French for handsome)
- Boom Boom
Funny Nicknames For Boys
A funny nickname is a great way to reference your son’s personality, looks or unique character traits.
If you’re looking for a fun nickname that will bring a smile to everyone’s face, you may love one of these funny nicknames:
- Bam Bam
- Big Boy
- Big Man
- Cheeky Chops
- Cheeky Monkey
- Farty Pants
- His Highness
- His Majesty
- King (followed by their name)
- Prince (followed by their name)
- Tough Guy
How To Choose The Best Nickname For Your Son
Firstly, you should remember there is no right or wrong nickname or pet name for your little boy, and it’s often best to go with what feels natural and fits your son’s personality.
Some other things to consider when choosing a nickname for your baby boy include:
- Consider waiting a while after your son is born before choosing a nickname. That way you can start to see their unique personality come through before choosing a nickname based on their traits.
- If you are struggling to decide between a few nicknames, there’s no reason why you have to limit yourself to just the one. A lot of parents have multiple cute nicknames for their baby boy. In addition, mom, dad and any grandparents or other close family members could also use different nicknames for your son.
- Try and select a nickname for your baby boy that is short, simple and easy to say, because if chosen well you’ll no doubt be using it a lot!
- And finally, don’t stress too much about it. A nickname is certainly not forever, so if you do happen to change your mind or your son outgrows it, you can always choose another cute one!
- When Do Babies Show Affection?
- How Long Do Babies Wear Newborn Clothes?
- What Should Your Baby Wear Home From Hospital?
- Should Newborns Wear Socks?
- Should Newborns Wear Hats? (Indoors vs Outdoors, Sun, Sleeping)
- Do I Need A Changing Table? (Pros, Cons, Alternatives)
- Do You Need A Diaper Pail? Are They Worth It?
- 100 Best Teddy Bear Names (Cute, Funny, Boys, Girls)
- Nicknames For Stepdads & Father Figures (Cool, Sweet, Funny)
- Nicknames For Stepmoms, Mother Figures & Second Moms