Now their actual name is sorted, you might be starting to think about a suitable nickname for your daughter that matches their personality, appearance or has some other personal relevance.
Coming up with nicknames for daughters from mothers, as well as dad nicknames for daughters, can be surprisingly difficult at times, so we wrote this article to give you some inspiration.
So in addition to our list of the best nicknames for aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces, cousins, baby boys, brothers, sisters, moms, dads, stepmoms, stepdads, grandmas, grandpas, great grandmas, great grandpas and even family group chats, let’s take a look at 130 of the cutest, sweetest and funniest nicknames for your precious baby girl.
Table of Contents
- Cute Nicknames For Baby Girls
- Sweet Names To Call Your Daughter
- Personality-Based Nicknames For Girls
- Appearance-Based Nicknames For Baby Girls
- Funny Nicknames For Girls
- Food-Inspired Nicknames For Girls
- Nature-Inspired Nicknames For Girls
- Pet Or Animal Inspired Nicknames
- How To Choose The Best Nickname For Your Daughter
Cute Nicknames For Baby Girls
Sometimes the best nickname or pet name for your daughter is a sweet-sounding word that instantly conveys how angelic your little one is.
If you’re looking for a cute nickname for your daughter, and are not sure what to call your daughter instead of princess, try one of these:
- Baby Boo
- Boo Boo
- Daddy’s Little Girl
- Lil Lady
- Miss Cutie
- Mommy’s Little Girl
Sweet Names To Call Your Daughter
Many parents like to choose a nickname that is inspired by a dessert or some other sweet food.
And because they all sound so sweet, you might find that these make the perfect dad nicknames for your daughter.
- Apple Pie
- Banana Muffin
- Bon Bon
- Cherry Pie
- Chocolate Chip
- Honey Bear
- Honey Bunny
- Honey Muffin
- Pop Tart
- Sugar Bear
- Sugar Bunny
- Sugar Pie
Personality-Based Nicknames For Girls
Is your little girl determined, head strong, bossy or full of energy?
Are you looking for things to call your daughter instead of beautiful?
Nicknames that are related to your daughter’s personality have a lovely personal touch, so once your little girl’s personality starts to shine through, you might want to consider one of these cute names:
- Bam Bam
- Boom Boom
- Cheeky Chops
- Kit Kat
- Little Miss Bossy
- Miss Piggy
- Power House
- Super Girl
- Trouble Maker
- Wonder Woman
Appearance-Based Nicknames For Baby Girls
As with names based on personality, appearance-based nicknames are another great way to add a personal and relevant touch to your daughter’s nickname.
Some of the best examples include:
- Blue-Eyed Girl
- Brown-Eyed Girl
- Chubby Cheeks
- Chunky Monkey
- Curly Top
- Ginger Spice
- Mini Me
- Tiny Tots
Funny Nicknames For Girls
Funny nicknames are like personality-based nicknames with added humor!
If you’re little one is cheeky, bossy, demanding or a bit of a diva, then you might love one of these funny nicknames for your daughter:
- Cheeky Chops
- Farty Pants
- Fussy Pants
- Her Majesty
- Pocket Rocket
Food-Inspired Nicknames For Girls
Some of the best nicknames for daughters come from our favorite foods, because they imply how utterly delicious you think your baby girl is!
So if you are a mom or dad looking for a nickname for your daughter, check out these food-inspired, unique nicknames for your baby girl:
- Cheesy Pie
- Hot Dog
- Lemon Drop
- Pork Chop
- Sweet Pea
Nature-Inspired Nicknames For Girls
Nature is all around us and can often be breathtakingly beautiful, so why not consider one of these pet names for baby girls that are inspired by the great natural world around us:
Pet Or Animal Inspired Nicknames
If you or your daughter are animal lovers, why not choose one of these super cute nicknames:
- Lady Bug
- Mini Mouse (or Little Mouse)
- Scooby Doo
- Teddy Bear
How To Choose The Best Nickname For Your Daughter
Remember there is no right or wrong nickname or pet name for your little girl, and it’s often best to go with what feels natural and fits their personality well.
Some other things to consider when choosing a nickname for your daughter include:
- Consider waiting a while after your daughter is born before choosing a nickname. That way you can start to see their personality come through before choosing an appropriate nickname based on their unique traits.
- If you love and can’t decide between a few nicknames, there’s no reason to limit yourself to just one. Many parents have several adorable nicknames for their baby girl. Mom, dad and any grandparents could also use different nicknames for your daughter.
- Try and select a nickname for your child that is short, simple and easy to say, because you’ll no doubt be using it a lot.
- And finally, don’t stress too much about it – a nickname is not forever, and if you change your mind or your daughter outgrows it, you can always choose another cute one!