While first names have their time and a place, it can be great to use a nickname for your child or friend for several reasons including:
- Nicknames are FUN – especially if you opt for a funny one or allow your creativity to shine through when choosing the name.
- Nicknames are PERSONAL – almost everyone will call you by your first name, but there might only be one or two people that call you by another name, and that can make it much more personal and special.
- Nicknames are MEMORABLE – most of us can remember some great nicknames that we called our friends at school. Why? Because a good nicknames has a way of being remembered for years after its creation.
Coming up with a good nickname in general – and in this case for someone called Juliette – is typically not easy.
We’ve already looked at the best middle names for Juliette, so to help you some inspiration for an equally amazing nickname, let’s take a look at some of the best nicknames for Juliette, from the more serious and formal, to ones that are fun, playful and unique.
Table of Contents
Nicknames For Juliette
- Jee Jee (pronounced “G-G”)
- Ju Ja
- Ju Ju
Meaning Of The Name Juliette
Juliette (and the other common spelling, Juliet) is a beautiful girl’s name that can be traced back to French origins.
The name Juliette means “young” or “youthful”, so if you wanted a nickname that relates to the meaning of the name Juliette, then you can have fun thinking about adjectives that are appropriate for someone who is young or youthful.
How To Choose The Best Nickname For Juliette
We’ve focused the nicknames above on names that can be loosely but directly taken from the word Juliette (for example Ju).
However, that’s not to say you need to necessarily choose a nickname that is some sort of derivative from the name itself.
It’s worth remembering that a good nickname is often linked to something personal.
So you could have a think about how your particular Juliette looks or what her personality traits are.
If you are struggling to come up with ideas, think about what her likes, dislikes, characteristics and hobbies are, because these are great areas from which to base or take inspiration from when choosing a nickname.
Lastly, good luck, and try not to overthink things, because nothing is permanent, so you can always change your mind if you later decide that the nickname you chose for Juliette isn’t quite right!
- 50 Good Imaginary Friend Names (Cute, Funny, Sweet, Cool)
- Sweet, Cute & Unique Nicknames For Your Baby Girl
- The Ultimate Guide To Nicknames & Baby Names